This grade of membership is reserved for institutions including:
- Regulatory Institutions
- Workers Unions
- Civil Society Organisations
- Research Institutions
The activities of such institutions must directly or indirectly impact on advancing the development of the mining and petroleum industry.
- Must indicate steps in advancing the cause of the mining and petroleum industry
- Proposal on the benefits of affiliation
- A commitment to working with the WAIMM Bye-laws and Code of Ethics
- Bursary facilities to promote greater participation of women in the study of petroleum, mining and related courses.
- Opportunities for Universities and other Research institutions to access funds for research targeted at technological developments in industry related projects.
- The opportunity to use the WAIMM platform for networking and professional development initiatives.
- Unlimited access to a wide resource pool of very experienced and expert industry professionals.
WAIMM Affiliate Members
- Department of Geography and Resource Development, University of Ghana
- Department of Geomatic Engineering, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- Department of Chemical Engineering, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- ECOWAS Federation of Chambers of Mines, EFEDCOM