About the Conference
The 4th WAIMM annual Geotech Conference provides insight and knowledge into the technical planning, design, operations and monitoring of TSF (Tailings dam) which is a very important component of the mining industry.
The upcoming event is the 4th annual Geotech event and we missed it last year as a result of movement restrictions.
The event would be organized on-line from 17 – 18 October 2022 and the 2 – day event will include sessions on Liner selections, Instrumentation Monitoring, and Management Operations.
The purpose of this two-day event is to provide an exclusive, intriguing opportunity to update your knowledge and skillset on the ‘‘Geotechnical Life-Cycle of A Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) – Planning and Execution’’
By attending this practical distinguished Geotechnical conference, participants will be able to understand and equip themselves with the following technique and information:
- Concept Development – Conceptual design of a mine site, inclusive of a TSF, will allow us to think through and plan all phases of project development.
- Planning and Engineering Phase – Planning for success throughout the lifecycle.
- Start‐Up Operations – Growing pains and starting on the right foot.
- Continuing Operations – Standard day‐to‐day operations through much of the lifecycle.
- Change Management – How to plan and execute changes to a TSF.
- Closure – Every piece of the lifecycle should plan for closure.
- Post‐Closure – What next? Closure is not the end of the story.
Who Should Attend?
- Geotechnical engineers
- Tailings dam supervisors and engineers
- Metallurgists, process engineers
- Mining engineers
- Site construction and maintenance engineers
- Environmental personnel
- Geomatic engineers
- Statutory organisations
- General public
Participation is strictly by registration. Participants who want to book early to the limited seats reserved should send email to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming their participation or register from the zoom event link on the WAIMM website and on the WAIMM social media handles. Alternatively, Please call +233 (0) 302 919 575 to confirm your participation / reserve your seat..