The vision of the Engineering Group is to represent all Professionals including Maintenance, Geotech, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and IT Engineers and those working in related fields in the industry and research.
The Group’s objective is to promote and further the development and interests of Engineers Community in the industry.
Other aims of the Engineering Group are:
- Provide a platform for Members to share their knowledge and ideas on Engineering and other happenings related to the industry
- Support students, professionals and academia in the development of the field and encourage them to join the mining and petroleum industry
- Promote the publication of monthly newsletters and monthly / quarterly journals on Maintenance and other engineering and related developments
- Provide professional recognition through technical presentations, awards and seminars etc
- Provide a support base to the mining and other engineers in the industry
- To provide networking opportunities for Maintenance, Electrical, Civil, Plant and IT engineers and related professionals through sponsoring field meetings and conferences etc. where they meet and share ideas on advancements in the field
Membership to the Engineering Group is opened to all WAIMM Members with an interest in Engineering.
Primary benefits include the following:
- Being part of a community of professionals that share same interest in the study of engineering
- Society Members receive the quarterly Engineering Newsletter and other relevant information on emerging technologies in the industry
- Members receive emails of current updates in the Engineering support field
- Highly subsidized rates on conferences and other training schedules organized by the Society
- The opportunity to join an international community of Engineering professionals in other organizations
WAIMM Members with an interest in joining the Metallurgy Society can apply by ticking the relevant box under societies in their Membership profile. Members can also apply online or send an email requesting for membership to email@example.com .
Chair – Dr Reginald Hammah: firstname.lastname@example.org