The vision of the EHS society is to encourage and support all professionals engaged in the practice of occupational health and safety and to provide a platform for the transfer of knowledge and skill training of best safety and environmental practices between professionals in the mining, metallurgical and petroleum industries.
The Society’s objective is to promote and further best practices in safety and environmental awareness.
Other aims of the EHS Society are:
- Promote the practice of standard safety and environmental awareness towards LTI free and minimal work related incidents
- Promote and encourage the use of standard operating procedures in carrying out specific tasks
- Provide input in policy formulation and strategies towards risk free and environmentally responsible operations associated with mining, the communities and petroleum
- Promote the publication of monthly society newsletters, safety reviews and relevant publications on health, safety and environment
- To provide networking opportunities for EHS professionals through sponsoring field meetings and conferences etc. where they meet and share ideas on advancements in the field.
Membership to the EHS Society is opened to all WAIMM Members with an interest in the practice of occupational Health, Safety and Environmental responsibility.
Primary benefits include the following:
- Being part of a community of professionals that share same interest in the practice of EHS
- Society Members receive the monthly newsletter, updates on latest news and activities relevant information on occupational Health, safety and Environment issues
- Highly subsidized rates on conferences and other training schedules organized by the Society
- The opportunity to join an international community of EHS professionals in other organizations
WAIMM Members with an interest in joining the EHS Society can apply by ticking the relevant box under societies in their Membership profile. Members can also apply online or send an email requesting for membership to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair: Dr Koduah Dapaah – email@example.com
Vice Chair: Ing Kwabena Labi Addo – firstname.lastname@example.org