- Apr 28 - 29 2022
- All Day
1st Women Industry Professionals Dialogue Series 2022
The West African Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (WAIMM) is hosting the inaugural WAIMM Women in Mining and Petroleum (WiMPet) networking event i.e. “The Women Industry Professionals Empowerment Dialogue Series 2022” online from the 28th – 29th April 2022 as part of the International Women’s Day celebrations. The WAIMM is proud to support “CREATING A MORE DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE WORKFORCE – A Catalyst to Sustainable Development” which is in line with the global theme for this year’s International Women’s day “ Gender Equality today for a sustainable tomorrow” – #BreakTheBias.
The WiMPet Empowerment Dialogue Series 2022 will involve women industry professionals from students to managers discussing the barriers and biases in the industry that has caused artificial limitations to women participation and share their real-life experiences on their resilience to achieve their set goals in the industry.
WAIMM has dedicated the months of March and April 2022 to celebrate our women industry professionals as our appreciation to strong, committed, professionalism, courageous and resilient women across the sub region and globally. The recognition is to raise awareness of the gender inequality, diversity and inclusion needed in the industry and also celebrate some of the women industry professionals making a change in the sector.
The WiMPet Empowerment Dialogue Series 2022 seeks to provide a channel where women professionals in the industry can access mentor-ship, build leadership and managerial roles as well as resilience in the male dominated industry.
The panelists will share tips and lessons among other things in response to the following critical questions below:
- How can women industry professionals provide inspirational leadership to build working relationships with stakeholders for successful interaction?
- How can the industry enhance the visibility and contribution of women professionals towards industry sustainability?
- How do we strengthen networking and mentoring opportunities for women professionals?
- How can we provide the woman professional with realistic optimism and can – do attitude?
- Provide knowledge transfer of current trends in the industry to all stakeholders
The WiMPet Empowerment Dialogue Series 2022 on-line event has been proudly sponsored by PAMICOR Limited, Ghana https://www.pamicor.com/
Kindly contact the WAIMM office at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on links to use in joining the event for both 28th and 29th April 2022.