This is the most senior grade of WAIMM membership and is eligible to anyone who has practiced as a professional for over 10 years post qualification experience with a proven competence in the management of Health, Safety and Environmental issues.
To be elected into the Fellow category, a candidate must among other requirements,
- Have the requisite qualifications for election as a Member
- Have occupied a position of immense responsibility last 5 years of the total industry experience prior to application, and engaged in activities which has significantly contributed to the promotion of geoscience and industry
- Be a senior consultant advancing the mining, metallurgy or geosciences profession.
- Demonstrate competence in professional report writing and oral communication.
- Also, to be eligible, the applicant must demonstrate a high professional standards and ethics in addition to proven knowledge in building models and concepts right from data collection.
- Fellow applicants must also demonstrate certain expertise in some aspects of their profession, and in some instances be able to satisfy an interview panel of their eligibility.
- Fellow applicants without the requisite degree must have at least 13 years sustained experience at a senior level with a proven accomplishment.
- Fellow applicants must complete the statement of purpose portion highlighting their major responsibilities and contribution to the growth of the industry and their major accomplishment.
Fellows add the post nominal FWAIMM to their name.
Application to this grade of membership should include:
- Copy of your current CV
- Photocopies of your relevant degrees, diploma etc. fully certified by one Sponsor
- A statement addressing their leadership roles and other relevant responsibilities especially the past five years prior to your application.
- Description of your major direct responsibilities
- Summary of job experiences
- Statement of interest
Application to the Fellow category of WAIMM must be sponsored by three WAIMM Fellows or two Fellows and one Member.
- As a Fellow, you will join an international community of industry professionals, consultants and Experts in the mining and petroleum industry.
- Journals – Fellows and Members receive a free on-line WAIMM journal subscription and unlimited access to other subsidized journals.
- The Industry Professionals – the Society’s monthly magazine with news of the industry, views, events calendar and other technological trends is free for all Fellows.
- Professional Development (PD) programs – training courses tailored for career development are subsidized for Fellows as part of the CPD scheme.
- Fellowship Directory – all Fellows will have their names listed in the membership directory with their contact details under strict confidence and can publicize their consultancy services as well.
- Email newsletter – Fellows will receive the monthly newsletter with industry news and upcoming events free of charge.
- Job search – Fellows will have their CVs displayed at the CV database where prospective employers can access at any time for job recruitment opportunities.
- Active participation in a specialist Society of professionals towards the development, knowledge transfer, exposure to current trends and best practices in your field of practice.
- The opportunity for transformation change in knowledge through research, technical presentations, publications etc.
- All Fellows have the opportunity to be elected to the grade of Chartered Professional.
- The opportunity to participate in the professional development of students through mentoring and other training programs.
- Lifestyle Social benefits from selected hotels, recreational centers and car rental companies etc. across the West African sub region.
- Fellows are entitled to use the post-nominal ‘FWAIMM’ as a mark of the professional and ethical standards
For a detailed list of Membership benefits, access the WAIMM member benefits 2016.
For detailed membership fees, please click the Subscription fees 2018
For further assistance with member application, please send email to WAIMM Membership and we would gladly assist you.