Member category is aimed at those with a bachelors degree or equivalent qualification in mining, metallurgy & materials, geomatic, geoscience and engineering. The guidance notes cover most of the questions that are usually asked. For any further queries can please contact the Membership Department for assistance.
- You must have completed a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in mining, geoscience, geomatic, metallurgy & materials and related engineering course, or
- Have achieved professional status and a position of professional responsibility over a period of at least 3 years engaged in the mining and petroleum industry, research, science or professional organizations directly involved with those industries
- At least 25% of the course content must comprise geoscience / earth science, mining engineering, mineral or material science subjects
- Application to this member category must be sponsored by either three Members or Fellows of WAIMM. At least one of the sponsors must be a WAIMM Fellow
- Must have acquired at least 3 years post-graduation experience
- Must include a current CV detailing your recent job experience
- Need to include photocopies of all relevant academic degrees
- Relevant experience must be certified and confirmed by one of the Sponsors
- Complete an on-line application pack from the website or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
- Fill and complete all relevant sections of the application form with correct details
- All applications must be accompanied by payment of the relevant membership admission and subscription fees
- An email would be sent to the applicant to acknowledge receipt of the completed application form
- On successful election to a Member grade, you would immediately be notified by e-mail and subsequently confirmed by writing
- Membership applications are usually processed within six (6) weeks
For a complete list of WAIMM membership benefits, please refer to the complete membership benefits package in PDF.
WAIMM Member grade is recognized by the post nominal MWAIMM.
Upload relevant supporting documents including a current CV and academic degrees and submit the complete application form. For any further enquiries on the application process, please contact the membership department by sending email to email@example.com.