- Are transferred automatically to student membership category immediately they are enrolled for the first time to undertake a program in earth science and engineering at a University or any Institution of higher learning.
- Eligible to transfer for full Graduate membership category one year after post qualification experience.
- Student members may not remain in this category for more than two years inclusive
- Graduate members registered for the first time undertaking a program in earth science/engineering must transfer into full Member grade a year after completion of the course.
- Graduate members are eligible ONLY to remain in this category for a maximum period of 3 years after which you have to transfer to full Member category.
- All Fellows after satisfying a maximum number of hours and credits in the career development programs are eligible to transfer to the Chartered Professional grade of membership.
- Fellows after assuming retirement from active work automatically transfer to the Retired membership category.