This is the core grade of WAIMM membership and is available to mining engineers, metallurgists & material engineers, geoscientists and engineering professionals with at least 3 years relevant experience in the mining or petroleum industry.
To be eligible as a Member;
- You must have completed a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in mining, metallurgy & material engineering, geomatic engineering, geosciences/earth science and related engineering programs with 3 years post qualification industry experience, or
- Have achieved professional status and a position of professional responsibility over a period of at least 5 years engaged in the mining industry, oil and gas, research, science or professional organizations directly involved with those industries
WAIMM members are designated by MWAIMM.
Applications to the WAIMM Member category must include:
- A current CV detailing professional experience
- Photocopies of your relevant degrees, diploma etc. fully certified by one Sponsor
- A statement addressing their leadership roles and other relevant responsibilities
- Description of your major direct responsibilities
- Summary of job experiences
Application to the Member grade of WAIMM membership must be sponsored by three WAIMM Members or Fellows. At least one of the sponsors must be a WAIMM Fellow.
- WAIMM members automatically receive discounted rates at all our workshops, seminars and conferences, publications and other event registrations.
- Networking with peers at branch meetings and conferences provides a forum for establishing valuable contacts to further career development.
- Membership Directory – all Members will have their names listed in the membership directory with their contact details under strict confidence and can publicize their consultancy services as well.
- The opportunity to enhance your skills through the WAIMM professional development programs (PD).
- Unlimited access to our on-line resources and journals.
- The opportunity to be part of a specialist Society of professionals towards the development, knowledge transfer, exposure to current trends and best practices in your field of practice.
- Receives the monthly WAIMM newsletter on upcoming society events and news free of charge.
- Members share their knowledge and ideas through networking with peers of different professional backgrounds during WAIMM organized meetings, seminars and conferences.
- The opportunity to become a Chartered Professional.
- Lifestyle Social benefits from selected hotels, recreational centers and car rental companies etc. across the West African sub region.
- Members assign the Post-nominal ‘MWaIMM’ to indicate the professional and ethical standards.
For a detailed list of Membership benefits, access the WAIMM member benefits 2016.
For detailed membership fees, please click the Subscription fees 2018
For further assistance with member application, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we would gladly assist you.