The vision of the Metallurgical Society is to represent all Metallurgy and Materials Engineers and those working in related fields in the industry and research.
The Society’s objective is to promote and further the development and interests of Metallurgy and Material science.
Other aims of the Mining Society are:
- Encourage research and education in the study of Mineral processing and Extractive Metallurgy.
- Support students, professionals and academia in the development of mineral engineering, processing, hydrometallurgy and extractive metallurgy.
- Promote the publication of monthly newsletters and monthly / quarterly journals on Mineral processing and related developments.
- To provide networking opportunities for Metallurgists, Plant engineers and related professionals through sponsoring field meetings and conferences etc. where they meet and share ideas on advancements in the field.
Membership to the Mining Society is opened to all WAIMM Members with an interest in the study of Mineral engineering and Metallurgy.
Primary benefits include the following:
- Being part of a community of professionals that share same interest in the study of Mineral engineering.
- Society Members receive the monthly Metallurgy Newsletter and other relevant information on emerging technologies on processing and extraction methods.
- Members receive emails of current updates in the Metallurgy field
- Highly subsidized rates on conferences and other training schedules organized by the Society
- The opportunity to join an international community of Metallurgists in other organizations
WAIMM Members with an interest in joining the Metallurgy Society can apply by ticking the relevant box under societies in their Membership profile. Members can also apply online or send an email requesting for membership to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Chair – Francis Donkor – Baah: email@example.com
Vice Chair – Kwabena Owusu Akyaw: firstname.lastname@example.org