The vision of the petroleum society is to encourage the study and understanding of petroleum exploration and production.
The Society’s objective is to promote and further the development of petroleum geoscience.
Other aims of the Petroleum Society are:
- Encourage research and education in the study of petroleum geoscience.
- Support research in the study of earth science by collaborating with universities and other institutions of higher learning.
- Promote the publication of monthly newsletters and monthly / quarterly journals on petroleum exploration, development and discoveries of new oil fields.
- To provide networking opportunities for geoscience professionals through sponsoring field meetings and conferences etc. where they meet and share ideas on advancements in the field.
Membership to the Geoscience Society is opened to all WAIMM Members with an interest in the study of earth science and engineering.
Primary benefits include the following:
- Being part of a community of professionals that share same interest in the study of earth science and engineering
- Society Members receive the monthly Geoscience Newsletter and other relevant information on discovery of new mineral deposits and oil fields
- Members receive emails of current updates in the geoscience field
- Highly subsidized rates on conferences and other training schedules organized by the Society
- The opportunity to join an international community of geoscience professionals in other organizations
WAIMM Members with an interest in joining the Geoscience Society can apply by ticking the relevant box under societies in their Membership profile. Members can also apply online or send an email requesting for membership to email@example.com .
Chair – Albert Longdon – Nyewan: firstname.lastname@example.org