The student membership category is applicable ONLY to all registered undergraduate students undertaking a full or part time program leading to the award of a bachelors degree in earth science/geosciences, geomatic/geodetic, mining, metallurgy and materials engineering, other engineering programs at a recognized University.
- Application for student membership is simple and only needs to be endorsed by the department / faculty office of the University the student is studying or by one Member or Fellow of WAIMM.
- Fees for student membership is free and also offer a wide range of benefits.
- Student membership is still valid for up to a year after completion of your undergraduate studies.
Applications to the WAIMM Student Member category must include:
- Student status confirmation by the Head of the Department or a Senior Lecturer of Faculty specifying the Course and the awarding degree
Student member applications must be sponsored / endorsed by either the Head of Department or a Senior Lecturer of the Institution where the student is studying.
Sponsors must include the following details:
- First name
- Last name
- Job title
- Phone no.
- WAIMM Membership No.
- Membership grade
- Relationship with student
- E-mail address
- Students Meet Industry – provides the opportunity for students to mix with industry professionals who can provide guidance and assistance about career opportunities.
- Free membership subscriptions and highly discounted rates on publications, seminars and workshops etc.
- Membership of the regional group and access to meetings
- Opportunity to access scholarship and bursary facilities
- Student prizes and awards, Scholarships and bursaries.
- Participate in student chapter meetings
- Mentorship programs where as a student, you are put under the careful and guidance of an experienced industry professional to mentor and get you the requisite standards and training expected in the industry.
- Meeting a future employer during student chapter meetings and other conferences.
- Vacation employment and internship opportunities.
For a detailed list of Membership benefits, access the WAIMM member benefits 2016.
Application fees for student membership are free. However for detailed membership subscription fees, please click the Subscription fees 2018.
For further assistance with member application, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we would gladly assist you.