The Chartered Professional development program
This grade of membership is eligible only for Members and Fellows of WAIMM with relevant experience in geosciences, mining and related courses and have shown proven commitment to professional development and also elevate their technical skills for their own personal development .
The WAIMM Chartered Professional (CP) program is a career development program consisting of industry related courses, workshops and seminars s etc., that is opened to all Members and Fellows with the requisite experience and qualification and cuts across all departments of the industry including mining, geology, metallurgy, petroleum and other related industries. About 90% of the program is completed through participation in the WAIMM organized industry related programs.
The courses and seminars cover a wide range of topics including both technical and managerial subjects. To apply for the CP program, kindly send a mail to email@example.com for eligibility assessment and accreditation. We would gladly send you a list including confirmed dates of our on-going programs.
- Must be elected by two chartered professional members and one Fellow of WAIMM
- The successful applicant must pass a professional competency interview by an approved council and,
- Must also have undertaken more hours of professional development courses over a specified period
- Must satisfy the chartered professional board about the depth of specialist knowledge and presentation of facts
- Seal – opportunity to use an individualized Chartered Professional seal available in either electronic format or rubber stamp for a minimal fee
- Chartered Professional register – members are registered in the database for access to employers under strict confidentiality laws
- Opportunities to enjoy consultancy services and outsourcing by having their names registered in the Consultants register
- Chartered Professionals can use the post-nominal ‘CP’, as a mark of their professional and ethical standards.